IWD Fest 2023 was a beautiful celebration of women in business, wellness and the creative industry.
To mark International Women's Day, Cultureville produced IWD Fest to celebrate women in Manchester. The event spotlighted leading women in business, politics, wellness, digital and the creative industry against the backdrop of the city at ABC Building's spectacular Roof, Deck and Dome venue
Hosted by Cultureville, the day started with a panel on wellness featuring followed by a meditation session hosted by Doretta Maynard. Guests had a chance to book mini massage treatments in the pop-up spa hosted by Luxe Mobile Spa.
Fitness coach, Doretta Maynard leads guests in a meditation session. L-R: Eve Holt of GM Moving, Davina Campbell and Annie Campbell of Anca Life Coaching
In the afternoon, guests were introduced to a number of speakers sharing insights on business, online growth, inclusivity and sisterhood. Speakers included Zara Street, Founder of Keep it Bright, Anita Frost, author and CEO of Green Bean Studios, Emma Tasmin Hill, influencer and founder of All Body UK and Dr Penny Trayner, Pediatric Clinical Neuropsychologist. Guests were able to participate in discussions impacting the community and network with potential female partners and mentors.
Entrepreneurship Panel. L-R: Ananstazia Banda of Bella by Anna, Zara Street of Keep it Bright, Fikayo Agboola of Bittany, Ronke Jane Adelakun of Cultureville
Following panel discussions guests participated in a beautiful sip and paint session led by Sip and Paint MCR where they got to create paintings while having drinks and networking. Next was an unforgettable creative performance evening featuring music, poetry, and comedy hosted by author, Loll Perkins.
IWD Fest had a fantastic lineup of performers including Funmi Says, Yemi Bolatiwa of the Untold Orchestra and Maria Kayum who entertained guests throughout the evening. The night ended on a joyous note with music from the talented Dj FYA playing Afrobeats and Amanpiano.
L-R: Wendy Abijo of Nubian Mumpreneurs, Anastanzia Banda of Bella by Anna
Founders of IWD Fest Producers, Cultureville stated: "Looking at pictures of women at IWD Fest connecting brings us so much joy! This is exactly what we hoped for when we pictured IWD Fest, from women overcoming fears of public speaking to those finding new friendships and building sisterhood. Simply beautiful!". Guest Davina Campbell stated, "What a beautiful way to celebrate womanhood. The IWD Fest was excellent!" and speaker Eve Holt, Director of GM Moving stated "Such a beautiful, joyful event & space to meet, move, talk, eat, dance, create and connect."
Eve Holt, Director of GM Moving and Greater Sport speaking on the Wellness Panel
Furthermore, the black owned business market hall was a huge success with caterer Milly B's Kitchen stating "No crumbs left" after she sold out of all her delicious desserts during the event and designer, Bittany stating, "Yesterday was just perfect in every sense! It felt great spending a whole day with other amazing women - celebrating, encouraging and having fun with one another. I got home at midnight feeling reinvigorated!". Nathan Wrigglesworth who represented IWD Fest sponsors, ABC Building wrapped it all up saying "A really successful event all in all".
Canapes by Ruth's Super Kitchen
Please feel free to amend the above as much as you would like. We simply want to make writing the blog as easy as possible for your marketing team. Please find attached more pictures from the event. Please find below details on the speakers and businesses that were at the event.
Wellness panel speakers1. Annie Campbell (@ancalifecoaching)
2. Rachel Isaiah (@rache_fit)
3. Eve Holt (@evefrancisholt)
Entrepreneurship Panel Speakers
1. Zara Street (@keepitbright)
2. Anastanzia Banda (@bellabyanna)
3. Fikayo Agboola (@bybittany)
Inclusivity Panel Speakers
1. Anita Frost (@frostanita)
2. Annie Efosi Mbako (@annie_efosi)
3. Lisa Maynard Atem (@stylisa)
4. Fern Pritchard (@fernshalom)
Digital Panel Speakers
1. Mimi Labesa (@mimilabesa)
2. Emma Hill (@emmatamsinhill)
3. Shelley Fleuridor (@shelleys.corner)
Sisterhood Panel Speakers
1. Nubian Mumpreneurs (@nubianmumpreneurs)
2. Dr Penny Trayner (@djpennypower)
3. Tania Emmanuel (@fitbytania)
4. Emma Kalumba (@emmanuella_kxx)
1. Doretta Maynard - Meditation (@dlmfitness)
2. Sip and Paint MCR - Sip & Paint (@sipandpaint_mcr)
3. Luxe Mobile Spa - Pop-Up Spa (@luxespa_and_wellness)
1. Ronke Jane Adelakun (@thishartofmine)
2. Loll Perkins (@loll.thepoet)
1. Ronke Jane Adelakun (@thishartofmine)
2. Funmi Adeyo (@funmi_says)
3. Janine Reid (@jarpoetry)
4. Divine Neza (@divine_98)
5. María Kayum (@mariakayum_)
6. Pinky May (@pinky.mayy)
7. Yemi Bolatiwa (@yemi_bolatiwasoul)
8. Lucy Lawless (@lucylawless007)
9. Chie Bad (@chiebadd)
10. Loll (@loll.thepoet)
1. Ruth's Super Kitchen (@Ruthssuperkitchen)
2. Milly B's Kitchen (@Millybskitchen)
3. Naanu Care (@Naanu.care)
4. Craftspiration Jewellery (@craftspirationjewellery)
5. Bittany (@bybittany)
6. Cultureville (@cultureville)
1. ABC Building (@abc.buildings)
2. E11even Agency (@_e11evenagency)